Skip to form

7325 W Forest Home Ave Greenfield, WI 53220


Temporary Class “B”/”Class B” Retailer’s License Application Requirements

The information that follows is important, please read it all to ensure your application is complete. The applicant shall comply with the following when the application is filed:

Application formSpecify hours of operation, type of event, and whether the event will be indoors or outdoors. The form must be signed by one officer named on the form. 

Qualifying organizations: Bona fide clubs and chambers of commerce or similar civic or trade organizations organized under Chapter 181, Wis. Stats.; state, county or local fair associations or agricultural societies; churches, lodges or societies that have been in existence for at least six months; and posts of veterans organizations. Sec. 125.26(6), Wis. Stats. An individual, partnership, or business corporation is not eligible to apply for this type of license. Sec. 125.26(6) and 125.51(10), Wis. Stats. Licensee applicants must be 21 years old or older.

Application deadline: If part of an Outdoor Special Event permit, 45 or 90 days prior to the event, depending on expected attendance. If not part of an Outdoor Special Event permit, the deadline is 5 p.m. on the Wednesday prior to the Common Council meeting to apply to sell fermented malt beverages at an event lasting 3 days or less; the deadline is 15 days prior to the Common Council meeting for an event lasting 4 or more days, or to apply to sell wine. The Common Council usually meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month. From June through September, it meets monthly, typically on the 3rd Tuesday of the month.

Property owner permission: If you are not the property owner of the premises, attach written permission from the property owner which indicates you have been given full control over the licensed premises to conduct alcohol sales.

Licensed Premises description: The premises description must “particularly describe” where alcohol will be sold, served, consumed or stored. A street address is not sufficient. Applicants must ensure that underage unaccompanied persons do not enter the licensed premises. For example, if a beer or wine tent is the licensed premises; fencing, signage and careful monitoring can be done to prohibit entry by underage unaccompanied individuals. Underage persons must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or spouse of legal drinking age on licensed premises. Sec. 125.07(3)(a), Wis. Stats.

Sample Premises Descriptions:

  • A 30 x 30 square foot beer tent, roped off and monitored to exclude underage unaccompanied individuals, on the northwest corner of the parking lot at 1234 Main Street.
  • A 100 x 75 square foot parking lot located on the south side of 1234 Main Street, excluding the 30 x 30 square foot area licensed for wine, on the southwest corner.
  • A 30 x 30 square foot area for a sales counter for wine sales that includes tables and seating, fenced and monitored to exclude underage unaccompanied individuals, on the south side of the parking lot at 1234 Main Street.

Certificate of Liability Insurance and Endorsement: For events on city property, a certificate of insurance that includes liquor liability must be provided. The policy must have an endorsement that adds the city as an additional insured.


Licensed operators: Licensed operators or licensed temporary operators must be present at all times. They must visually supervise adults working without a license. The licensed person must be in the same room or area as the unlicensed person, near enough to see and talk to him or her, and to be able to actually supervise the unlicensed person. It is not sufficient simply to be on the same premises. Sec. 125.26(6), 125.32(2) – beer; 125.51(10), 125.68(2) – Wine; 125.17, Wis. Stats.

Operator Licenses:

Must be 18 years or older to apply. This license is valid for the current license period. Operators must provide:

  • A certificate of completion for a Responsible Beverage Server Training Class (approved by the WI Dept. of Revenue) taken within the last 2 years; OR
  • A certified copy of an operator's license held in WI within the last 2 years; OR
  • A copy of a retail alcohol license listing them as the agent, held in WI within the last 2 years

Cost: $60 

Temporary Operator Licenses:

Only persons employed by or donating their services to nonprofit corporations are eligible to apply. A person is limited to two (2) such licenses in a year. The license is valid for the time of the special event (1-14 days). Completing the Responsible Beverage Server Training Class is not required, unless required by your employer.

Cost: $20

Limit on licenses: Not more than 2 temporary licenses for wine may be issued to an eligible organization in any 12-month period. There is no limit on the number of temporary licenses for fermented malt beverages that may be issued to an eligible organization in a calendar year.

Other restrictions: No intoxicating liquor is permitted on the licensed premises. Licenses to organizations, other than ex-servicemen’s organizations, can be issued only for a picnic or similar gathering; they may not be issued for business or social meetings of the organization. A license may not be issued to clubs having any indebtedness to any wholesaler for more than 15 days for beer and 30 days for wine. Organizations must purchase alcohol from a licensed wholesaler.

Wine and beer walks: The city may issue up to 20 licenses to an eligible organization that is sponsoring a single-day event held at multiple locations in the city on a particular date and at the same time. Contact the City Clerk’s office at (414) 329-5219 for more information.

License posting required: The Temporary Class “B”/”Class B” Retailer’s License must be posted during your event.


Application for Temporary Class "B" / "Class B" Retailer's License (Form AT-315)

Application Date

Date Picker

The organization named is applying for the following license(s) in the City of Greenfield, Milwaukee County: (check appropriate box(es)

The special event will take place at the premises described below and the organization agrees to comply with all laws, resolutions, ordinances and regulations (state, federal or local) affecting the sale of fermented malt beverages and/or wine if the license is granted.

Event Beginning Date

Date Picker

Event Ending Date

Date Picker

Organization type:

Organization Address

Is the named organization required to hold a Wisconsin Seller's permit pursuant to S. 77.54(7m), Wis. Stats.:

Please provide the name and address of all officers of the organization.

President's address

Vice President's address:

Secretary's address:

Treasurer's address:

Manager/person in charge address:

Address of premises where beer and/or wine will be sold, served, consumed or stored; and areas where alcohol beverage records will be stored.

Where will the event be held:

Select from one of the following:

Upload letter from property owner granting your organization full control of the licensed premises during your event.

Click Here to Upload

I am applying for:

I am requesting Common Council approval to allow underage unaccompanied individuals on the licensed beer premises as described above.

I am requesting Common Council approval to allow underage unaccompanied individuals on the licensed beer premises as described above.

Applicants applying for both beer/fermented malt beverages and wine, and applying for permission to have underage unaccompanied individuals present on the beer premises, read the following: The wine premises must be contained separately from the beer-licensed premises because underage unaccompanied individuals are not permitted on licensed wine premises. The wine-licensed premises could be established within the boundaries of the beer premises, but must be excluded from the premises description of the beer license. For example, application could be made for a wine garden/tent that is separately described and established separate from the broader beer premises. The city may require specific measures to maintain the physical separation of the two licensed premises, such as: fencing, signage, monitoring access to the wine premises, security, etc., to prohibit the entrance of underage unaccompanied persons on the the wine premises. The premises description written on my license application meets this requirement:

An officer of the organization, declares under penalties of law that the information provided in this application is true and correct to the best of his/her knowledge and belief. Any person who knowingly provides materially false information in an application for a license may be required to forfeit not more than $1,000.

Sign Here

Choose how to sign