Skip to form

City of Greenfield

7325 W. Forest Home Ave., Greenfield , WI, 53220, US



Who Needs a Temporary Operator’s (Bartender’s) License?

Any person 18 or older who is serving or selling alcoholic beverages and is employed by or donating their services to a non-profit corporation that currently holds a Temporary Class “B”/ “Class B” Retailer’s License for an event in the City of Greenfield.


  • Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
  • The event at which the applicant will be working must have been approved by the Greenfield Common Council
  • Applicants must be employed by or donating their services to a non-profit corporation & pass a background check
  • No person can hold more than two Temporary Operator licenses per year

Application Process

Submit the following to the City of Greenfield City Clerk’s Office:

  • Temporary Application for Operator’s License
  • $10 License Fee – Once the application has been submitted, an email will be sent when the invoice is ready to be paid.
  • $10 background check fee 

License Period

A temporary operator’s license is valid for a maximum of 14 days.  It authorizes service of alcoholic beverages at certain licensed events.

Release of License

A temporary operator’s license can be issued upon approval of the background check, if the alcohol license for the temporary event has been released.


7325 W. Forest Home Ave., Room 102
Greenfield, WI 53220
Telephone: (414)-329-5219
Fax: (414)-543-0591

I hearby make application to the City Clerk of the City of Greenfield for a license to serve fermented malt beverages and intoxicating liquors, subject to all the limitations imposed by Sections 125.17, 125.32(2) and 125.68(2) of the Wisconsin Statutes and all acts amendatory thereof and supplementary thereto, and hereby agree to comply with all laws, resolutions, ordinances, and regulations, Federal, State, or Local, affecting the sale of such beverages and liquors if a license be granted me. Said license shall be valid from one day to fourteen days.

In applying for licensing within the City of Greenfield, I understand that I am required to provide my full name, address and other information necessary to conduct a background check.


Home Address

Phone Number & Email Address

Date of Birth & City and State of Birth

In answering the following questions, understand that all convictions or pending offenses must be reported, even if they occurred years ago, or in a different jurisdiction, and even if they do not appear on the Wisconsin Court System’s website (CCAP). The only exception would be a charge that has been formally expunged (not common). THE OMISSION OF ANY CONVICTION OR PENDING CHARGE WILL DELAY THE PROCESSING OF YOUR APPLICATION AND MAY REQUIRE YOU TO APPEAR BEFORE THE CITY COUNCIL TO EXPLAIN THE OMISSION. If you have any questions about your record before answering these questions, please contact the Wisconsin Department of Justice at (608) 266-7314. Note that a conviction or arrest record will not necessarily disqualify you from being issued the requested license. Additional information can be found here:

Other than a traffic offense (excluding a traffic offense involving alcohol, such as Operating While Intoxicated, which MUST be reported), have you EVER been convicted of violating ANY law or ordinance?

Other than for a traffic offense (excluding a pending traffic offense involving alcohol, such as Operating While Intoxicated, which MUST be reported), do you have ANY pending charges against you alleging that you violated ANY law or ordinance?


Sign Here

Choose how to sign